12 August 2016
Dear Dharma friends,
We've had a very rich time Exploring Monastic Life the last 12 days with friends from around the world. Penetrating teachings and discussion questions have had new and older students alike reevaluating our take on everything from "Why I want to ordain," to "What are some of the big and smaller lies I have told in my life?" We've looked into any unresolved issues with our religion of birth, examined our preparedness for our own death, and almost everything in between. It's been rich!
Since arriving at the Abbey last January, I've also been looking at various identities that I've taken on since becoming a monastic as well as places where my practice is tainted with worldly concerns. It's been a humbling exploration, to say the least. I rejoice in receiving the guidance and wisdom of a very skillful older monastic, Venerable Chodron, who doesn't tolerate anything less than 100% integrity and 100% commitment to awakening.
I think that this Blog has served its purpose and this will be my last post. I'm happy to hear from you via email or old fashioned letter writing.
Let me leave you with one last sharing.....https://youtu.be/eoewLdhrO8Y
Your Dharma friend until enlightenment,
Tenzin Tsepal x

No comments:
Post a Comment